4 days Uganda Gorilla Trekking and Queen Elizabeth Safari Tour (Pick up from Kigali Rwanda)
On this 4 days Ugandan Safari tour, you will have a wildlife expedition in Queen Elizabeth National park and also do the remarkable Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
The safari will start in Kigali Rwanda and then proceed to Queen Elizabeth national park to catch the evening Boat cruise on kazinga channel.
We continue for tree climbing lions in Ishasha on our way to Bwindi, where we will do the mountain gorilla trekking from.
Queen Elizabeth National Park
Queen Elizabeth National park is a Ecological wonder. The park is blessed with wildlife including the Big four(Lions, Leopard, Elephant and Buffalo), Hyenas, Hippos, Crocodiles, Topi, Giant forest hogs, Warthogs, Uganda kob, Waterbuck, etc.
Besides Game, the park is also an attraction for birds, Explosion crater lakes, Fresh water lakes like lake Edward and George.
Bwindi Impenetrable forest is among the few places in the world where you can find Mountain Gorillas, The others being, Mgahinga Gorilla park, Volcanoes National park in Rwanda and Virunga National park in DR Congo.
Gorilla trekking is a fascinating activity, you can move in the forest for hours before locating these giants. Gorilla keep on moving everyday depending on the availability and location of food. They move in groups, each group being led by a Silverback(a Dominant Male)
Our 4 days Tour Highlights
- Day 1: Pick up from Kigali and Transfer to Queen Elizabeth NP for a boat cruise in the evening
- Day 2: Morning game drive through Ishasha for tree climbing lions and then proceed to Bwindi impenetrable
- Day 3: Mountain Gorilla trekking and transfer to Lake Bunyonyi/Lake Mutanda
- Day 4: Spend sometime at the lake and then transfer back to Kigali for your flight or any other activity.
Enquire about this 4 days Gorilla and Wildlife Tour
Day 1: Drive to Queen Elizabeth National Park
You meet our driver guide in the morning at your hotel/residence in Kigali to kickstart our Safari.
We continue through Uganda-Rwanda border heading north to queen Elizabeth National park.
On arrival we go for lunch and then in the afternoon we go for a boat ride on kazinga channel for wildlife viewing including Hippos, Crocodiles, Elephants,etc
Meal Plan: Lunch and Dinner
Checkout our 5 days Uganda Safari [Gorilla trekking and Queen Elizabeth Tour].
Day 2: Morning game drive through Ishasha to Bwindi
After an early breakfast, you drive to Ishasha the southern part of Queen Elizabeth national park. The 2 hour drive is very adventurous as you get to see more wildlife as we go through maramagambo forest, the largest rain forest in Uganda.
A game drive in Ishasha will present you a chance of seeing the famous Tree climbing Lions, Topis, Hyenas, Leopard, Elephants, Buffaloes and a true wild landscape.
This section is so close to CONGO at the river camp and Lunch will be served here. Continue to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park driving through hills and mountains of terraced land for local agriculture.
On arriving, we check in the lodge have Dinner and rest awaiting Gorilla trekking the following day.
Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3: Gorilla Trekking Bwindi in Forest and transfer to lake bunyonyi
This is the long awaited Gorilla trekking day! After an early breakfast, you go to the park offices. This where the Gorilla groups are allocated and after a general briefing, a Uganda wildlife ranger guide with two armed escorts will lead you into the forest for the Trek.
Equipped with enough drinking water, you are good to go, because the tracking can sometimes be long and tough, however, meeting the calm giants will make you forget the trouble.
Day 4: Drive back to Kigali
In the morning, you will enjoy the lake, go for a swim or a canoe ride(these are not included in the cost). Then later in the afternoon, we head to Kigali.
Spend an hour with the mountain Gorillas and return after the success of mountain gorilla tracking in the Impenetrable Forests of Bwindi. We then proceed to lake Bunyonyi to spend your night.
Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Accommodation (Hotels and Lodges around the Tourist Sites)
The accommodation depends on your Budget. Here is a list of Lodges around the Tourist site.
- Accommodation Around Bwindi Impenetrable National Park -> Trip Advisor
- Accommodation Around Queen Elizabeth national park
What You need for Gorilla Trekking on this 4 days Uganda Safari
Just like Rwenzori Mountain trekking, gorilla trekking also requires these items when tracking the gorillas.
- Water: Gorilla trekking can be very tiresome and you need to refill your tank as the trek goes on. It is advisable to park a few water filtration tablets before you come for the trek.
- Boots: You will need good waterproof comfortable shoes. Some times it rains during the trek, so skid proof shoes can come in handy.
- Rain Jacket: You are advised to carry rain jacket because if rains very often in Bwindi Impenetrable forest
- Snack: You can carry a light snack to give you some energy during the walk in the forest
- Trouser and Shirts Bwindi forest is covered with thick undergrowth, therefore light trousers and long sleeved shirts are advised.
- Socks: You will have to tuck in the trousers into the socks to avoid insects crawling inside.
- Gloves: You will need Gardening gloves because you will be grabbing tree branches, leaves, name it, and some can be thorny.
- Camera: Carry a good camera (no flash for gorillas) to capture this lifetime experience
What is included in the 4 day Gorilla and wildlife safari
- Airport Transfers
- 6 nights accommodation around National Parks
- Meals: Day 1- L.D, (Day 2, 3, 4) - B.L.D, Day 5 - B.LNote: L= Lunch, D= Dinner, B= breakfast
- Bottled Water
- Game drives in Queen ELizabeth National park
- Boat tour on Kazinga Channel
- Gorilla Trekking Permit
- Queen Elizabeth national park entry fees
- Experienced English speaking Driver
- 4X4 Safari car for Transportation
What is excluded in the Safari cost
- Tips for Driver and Guides
- Air tickets
- Drinks from the Accommodation
- Anything not discussed during the initial meeting
Enquire about this 4 days Uganda Safari
A tour of Uganda in 7 days. Safari highlights: Gorilla and Chimpanzee trekking, Big five animals, Boat cruise, Murchison falls and Wildlife adventure.
For Gorilla trekking in Bwindi forest, Chimpanzee trekking, Bird watching, wildlife safaris, lake Bunyonyi, Boat cruise, beautiful landscapes, and Lake mburo
A 5 day Chimpanzee tracking, Uganda Lions, birding and wildlife Tour of Uganda in Queen Elizabeth and Kibale National Parks.