Summary of the 3 Days Gorilla trekking Uganda Safari Tour in Bwindi
This 3 Day Gorilla Trekking Uganda safari will take you to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, the home of Mountain Gorilla Trekking in Uganda.
This impenetrable forest is a home to more than half of the remaining Mountain Gorillas in the World today.
These gentle giants can only be found in Uganda, Rwanda and the rest in Congo (DRC). Apart from gorilla tracking, this forest is also ideal for Bird watching activities with over 350 species available in the park.
This 3 day gorilla trek Uganda itinerary includes; Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable national park, other primate including the black and white Colobus, Red tailed monkeys, Baboons, Blue monkey and others.
Highlights and summary of the 3 days Gorilla tracking Bwindi safari
- Day 1: Travel from Kampala or our office in Wakiso to Bwindi Impenetrable National park for Gorilla Tracking
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking and other primate tracking including; black and white Colobus, Red tailed monkeys, Baboons, Blue monkey etc. and birding
- Day 3: Transfer back to Kampala/Entebbe
- Gorilla trekking best time to go in Uganda is usually in the dry seasons: December-January and June-August.
- The price of Gorilla trekking permit in Uganda is $600
Inquire About this trip Now!
Full Itinerary for the 3 days Uganda gorilla trekking tour in Bwindi
Day 1: Meet and greet and journey to Bwindi impenetrable National park
Meet our company representative from your hotel/residence or at our office in Wakiso. This is your driver guide, very knowledgeable and has a great driving experience.
Make use of him by asking anything you want to know about the safari to Bwindi, Tracking, the encounter with the mountain Gorillas, Accommodation and any other information about Uganda and current affairs.
Checkout our 2 days gorilla trekking Bwindi Safari. This works if you are coming from Kigali Rwanda
On the way, we will have a stopover at the Equator, stretch with an optional experimental movement of water (clockwise and anticlockwise) between the South and the Northern hemispheres.
We can also have a coffee/ tea cup and then proceed to Mbarara "the land of milk" for lunch, evidenced by the presence of the long horned cattle along way.
After lunch we continue, and rest at our lodge which is either close or in the Bwindi forest.
- Meet and greet
- Journey to bwindi forest for Gorilla trekking
- Check in the lodge
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking / Gorilla Tracking Day
We wake up for the highlight of our trip GORILLA TREKKING. After breakfast we assemble at the briefing point of the park offices, before being guided in to the forest by the park ranger guide.
You will also be escorted by the touring Police to protect you against any threat be it from forest Elephants, Buffaloes and wild Gorillas.
Meet The Gorillas
At meeting the gorillas, we have 1 hour with them before coming back out of the impenetrable forest with our life time Experience.
- Gorilla tracking
Day 3: End of the 3 day Gorilla Trekking Safari in Bwindi
After the morning breakfast, we checkout of the lodge leaving Bwindi forest and we embark on our route back to Kampala /Entebbe. We get a hot lunch stop in Mbarara and then drive through Lake Mburo National park.
On a lucky day we can spot Zebras and impalas. We can stop at Mpambire drum making village on Masaka road for Souvenirs then continue to our destination.
End of our 3 day Uganda Gorilla trekking safari in Bwindi
Map to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park from Kampala
View on Google Maps
- Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- About Mountain Gorillas
- Bwindi Impenetrable National Park Gorillas -> Trip Advisor
Accommodation (Hotels and Lodges around the Tourist Sites)
The accommodation depends on your Budget. Here is a list of Lodges around the Tourist site.
What You need on the 3 day Gorilla Trek Uganda safari in Bwindi
Just like Rwenzori Mountain trekking, gorilla trekking also requires these items when tracking the gorillas.
- Water: Gorilla trekking can be very tiresome and you need to refill your tank as the trek goes on. It is advisable to park a few water filtration tablets before you come for the trek.
- Boots: You will need good waterproof comfortable shoes. Some times it rains during the trek, so skid proof shoes can come in handy.
- Rain Jacket: You are advised to carry rain jacket because if rains very often in Bwindi Impenetrable forest
- Snack: You can carry a light snack to give you some energy during the walk in the forest
- Trouser and Shirts Bwindi forest is covered with thick undergrowth, therefore light trousers and long sleeved shirts are advised.
- Socks: You will have to tuck in the trousers into the socks to avoid insects crawling inside.
- Gloves: You will need Gardening gloves because you will be grabbing tree branches, leaves, name it, and some can be thorny.
- Camera: Carry a good camera (no flash ) to capture this lifetime experience
What is included in the 3 day Gorilla trekking Uganda Safari cost
- Airport Transfers
- 2 nights accommodation in Bwindi Impenetrable forest
- Meals: Day 1- L.D, Day 2 - B.L.D, Day 3 - B.L
- Bottled Water
- Gorilla Trekking Permit
- Bottled Water
- Experienced English speaking Driver
- 4X4 Safari car for Transportation
What is excluded in the 3 day Gorilla trek Uganda
- Tips for Driver and Guides
- Air tickets
- Drinks from the Accommodation
- Anything not discussed during the initial meeting
Inquire About this trip Now!
Checkout our 2 days Uganda gorilla trekking tour in Bwindi. This works if you are coming from Kigali Rwanda
Gorilla trekking Frequently Asked Questions
Does the rain affect gorilla trekking?
Whether it rains or not, gorilla trekking will take place. However it is recommended to carry rain gear and trekker shoes so that movement becomes easier.
How long does it take to meet the gorillas?
Gorilla trekking can take a period of 30 minute to 8 hours. This depends on the location and movements of the gorillas.
What is the maximum number of people on a gorilla trekking group?
A maximum of 8 people in a group are allowed to trek and meet the gorillas.
How much time do I have when i meet the gorillas?
When you meet the gorillas, you are allowed a maximum of 1 hour. You can take pictures however, note that flash is not allowed.
How close can i get to the gorillas?
You are allowed a distance of 7 meters in presence of the mountain gorillas. You are not allowed to touch the mountain gorillas though there are rare cases when the gorillas touch humans. When this happens, you should not panic and you should know that the gorillas are always in control.
Are mountain gorillas dangerous?
These animals are very gentle and they seem to ignore tourists in their presence. However, do not take this for granted. You a not allowed to make any rush movements, do not block the way between a mother and baby.
How physically fit should i be before trekking?
You should be in good physical condition. If you are sick or do not feel well, then it is recommended that you should not do the trekking. Trekking can be tiresome and sometimes it can take the whole day, therefore being physically fit comes in handy.
How can I ease my self during gorilla trekking?
In case you want to ease your self, you should dig a hole of about 30 centimeters deep, and then cover the hole right after.
Mountain Gorilla trekking Rules and Regulations
Summary of the 3 days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari in Bwindi National park
A 5 days gorilla trekking Bwindi and relaxation Safari at lake bunyonyi. A safari for birdwatchers, Canoeing and Gorilla tracking expeditions.
A Uganda 10 day Itinerary (Tour package) for primates( Gorilla, Chimpanzee, etc), Big five, White water rafting and wildlife in Uganda's National parks.
3 days murchison falls tour for Big Five animals, Top of falls, Boat Cruise, Game drive wildlife viewing and Spectacular landscapes on this Uganda safari.
This 5 days primate & birding safari brings you an encounter with mountain gorillas and our cousins the chimpanzees in the forests of Bwindi and Kibale.
More Uganda Tours!
- Keep voices down when in presence of the gorillas and if you want to ask questions, you can but only in a low tone
- Stay closer in the group when your close to the gorillas
- You are not allowed to eat, drink or smoke near the gorillas because this can increase the risk of transmission of infections
- You must stay a distance of 7 meters away from the gorillas
- Please do not touch the gorillas
- In case the gorilla charges, do not attempt to run rather follow what the guide does tell you. Do not look direct in the eyes of the gorillas, crouch down and wait for the gentle giants to pass
- A maximum of 1 hour is allowed to be in presence of the gorillas
- You can take photographs so long as flash is not on
- After the time with the gorillas have elapsed, still keep the voices low until you are about 200 meters away from them.
- Please do not leave any rubbish, food, bottles or anything you have come with in the park to avoid any transmission of diseases