2 Days Gorilla tour Rwanda | Culture, Genocide memorial and beautiful views of the countryside
This is a 2 days Gorilla Tour in Rwanda, the “Land of a thousand hills”.
Gorilla trekking aside, the itinerary also includes a tour of Kigali city, and The genocide memorial in Rwanda. During the trek, we can have a sight of the Golden monkey, forest elephants and other animals if lucky.
The trek is so exciting as you can hear the sounds of forest animals, birds and insects.
Book your 2 days Rwanda Gorilla trekking Tour!
Call now or Whatsapp on: mob: +256 775 621 572
Note: Gorilla trekking permit in Rwanda costs $1500
About mountain Gorillas
Mountain Gorillas(Gorilla beringei beringei) are one of the primate species located in Virunga Conservation area. Other primates include Golden Monkeys, L’Hoest Monkey, Colobus, Baboons and many more.
Of all the primates in the these mountains, the gorilla stands out to be the largest and most gentle.
The gorillas live in groups of families with silver backs and female and According to Wikipedia, “The mountain gorilla is highly social, and lives in relatively stable, cohesive groups held together by long-term bonds between adult males and females. Relationships among females are relatively weak.
These groups are non-territorial; the Silverback generally defends his group rather than his territory.”
Mountain Gorilla life span is 40-50 years.
- Large crop Plantations and Beautiful views of hills
- Gorilla trekking in volcanoes national park
- Birding in volcanoes national park
- Cultural Tour
- Golden monkey, elephants etc on a lucky day
For more information about trekking, go to Gorilla trekking information
Full 2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Tour Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival in Rwanda
On arrival our guide/driver will pick you from your hotel/lodge in Kigali to start on the journey north of Kigali.
However before embarking on the journey north, you will have a detour of Kigali city. Here you will have a tour of the Genocide memorial, community markets and a tour of the city.
Then we start on our journey to Volcanoes national park in Ruhengeri as the Our Guide tells you more about Gorilla trekking and what to expect.
Along the way you will be amazed by the beautiful hills and Virunga mountains as they can be seen in the vicinity.
We will a tour of Iby’wachu Village which is very interesting.
On arrival You check in the lodge and rest for the Gorilla trek the next day
Day 2: Mountain Gorilla Trekking
This is the Gorilla trekking day!. We drive to the park headquarters for briefing and gorilla group a location, here you enjoy tea or coffee as your guide works with registration and group.
A traditional performance entertainment is good to jump start your Gorilla adventure. We then drive to the trekking starting point.
Trekking starts and the duration of the trek depends on the location of the Gorillas, however the trek can take between 1-8 hours.
Upon meeting the gentle giants, enjoy another hour with the Gorillas before trekking back.
We Say bye to the Volcanoes national park and drive back to Kigali yet having another scenic journey of a thousand hills.
End of the 2 Days Gorilla Tour Rwanda
What you need for Gorilla trekking in RwandaJust like Rwenzori Mountains Climbing, gorilla trekking also requires these items when tracking the gorillas.
- Water: Gorilla trekking can be very tiresome and you need to refill your tank as the trek goes on. It is advisable to park a few water filtration tablets before you come for the trek.
- Boots: You will need good waterproof comfortable shoes. Some times it rains during the trek, so skid proof shoes can come in handy.
- Rain Jacket: You are advised to carry rain jacket because if rains very often in Volcanoes National park
- Snack: You can carry a light snack to give you some energy during the walk in the forest
- Trouser and Shirts The forest in Volcanoes NP is covered with thick undergrowth, therefore light trousers and long sleeved shirts are advised.
- Socks: You will have to tuck in the trousers into the socks to avoid insects crawling inside.
- Gloves: You will need Gardening gloves because you will be grabbing tree branches, leaves, name it, and some can be thorny.
- Camera: Carry a good camera to capture this lifetime experience (no flash)