3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking and Nyungwe Canopy Walk in Rwanda
This East-African tours takes you to Nyungwe Forest National Park for the amazing Canopy Walk, at the roof of the tropical high trees in the biggest rain forest in Rwanda.
Apart from the canopy walk, this southern park of Rwanda is an agricultural hub with plantations of Tea and Coffee. This tour also includes a walk through the tea plantations and also a full Tea processing tour can be arranged.
We end the tour in Uganda, and here we go for the famous Mountain Gorilla trekking. Upon finishing the gorilla trek, we head back to Kigali to catch your flight back.
Summary of the Safari
- Day 1: Drive to Nyungwe Forest from Kigali for catch the evening Canopy Walk
- Day 2: Tea Plantation tour and transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable In Uganda
- Day 3: Gorilla Trekking and transfer back to Kigali for your flight
Uganda WIldlife Authority (UWA) provides more information about Bwindi Forest National Park.
Full Itinerary for the 3 Days Tour
Day 1: Drive to Nyungwe Forest from Kigali for catch the evening Canopy Walk
Meet your driver-guide in Kigali in the morning. He will brief you on the tour and then take you for a city tour including the genocide museum.
After the your, we head to Nyungwe forest. The journey is about 5 hours. On arrival, we head for lunch and then go for the Canopy Walk in the evening(3:00pm).
Day 2: Tea Plantation tour and transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable In Uganda
In the morning we go for a tour in the Gisakura tea plantation and later after the tour, we checkout of the lodge and then start on the journey to Bwindi forest in Uganda.
On arrival, we check in and then rest for the gorilla trekking tour the next day.
Day 3: Gorilla Trekking and transfer back to Kigali for your flight
This is the long awaited Gorilla trekking day! After an early breakfast, you go to the park offices. This where the Gorilla groups are allocated and after a general briefing.
A Uganda wildlife ranger guide with two armed escorts will lead you into the forest for the Trek.
Equipped with enough drinking water, you are good to go, because the tracking can sometimes be long and tough, however, meeting the calm giants will make you forget the trouble.
Spend an hour with the mountain Gorillas and return after the success of mountain gorilla tracking in the Impenetrable Forests of Bwindi. We then proceed to Kigali to catch your flight.
Accommodation (Hotels and Lodges around the Tourist Sites)
The accommodation depends on your Budget. Here is a list of Lodges around the Tourist site.
What You need on the 3 days Gorilla Trekking Nyungwe Canopy Tour
Just like Mountain Climbing, gorilla trekking also requires these items when tracking the gorillas.
- Water: Gorilla trekking can be very tiresome and you need to refill your tank as the trek goes on. It is advisable to park a few water filtration tablets before you come for the trek.
- Boots: You will need good waterproof comfortable shoes. Some times it rains during the trek, so skid proof shoes can come in handy.
- Rain Jacket: You are advised to carry rain jacket because if rains very often in Bwindi Impenetrable forest
- Snack: You can carry a light snack to give you some energy during the walk in the forest
- Trouser and Shirts Bwindi forest is covered with thick undergrowth, therefore light trousers and long sleeved shirts are advised.
- Socks: You will have to tuck in the trousers into the socks to avoid insects crawling inside.
- Gloves: You will need Gardening gloves because you will be grabbing tree branches, leaves, name it, and some can be thorny.
- Camera: Carry a good camera (no flash ) to capture this lifetime experience