5 Days Uganda Tour - Gorillas, Chimps(Kalinzu forest), Lions, Boat Cruise and Wildlife
On this gorilla and wildlife Safari, you will explore wildlife in Queen Elizabeth National park, Chimpanzee tracking in Kalinzu forest and also do the memorable Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
The safari will start in Kampala and then proceed to Queen Elizabeth National park, the ecological wonder of East Africa.
The park is blessed with wildlife including the Big four(Lions, Leopard, Elephant and Buffalo), Hyenas, Hippos, Crocodiles, Topi, Giant forest hogs, Warthogs, Uganda kob, Waterbuck, etc.
Besides Game, the park is also an attraction for birds, Explosion crater lakes, Freshwater lakes like lake Edward & George and a boat cruise will give you a great view of wildlife and birds that rely on these water sources for survival.
Kalinzu forest is also part of the Queen Elizabeth Eco system and gives the opportunity to track Chimpanzees and 5 other primate species.
We will end Queen Elizabeth tour with a trip to Ishasha in the south looking for the Tree climbing Lions.
After completing the tour of Queen Elizabeth, we shall move south, heading for Bwindi Impenetrable National park, the home of the Mountain Gorillas in Uganda.
This park is blessed with more than half of the remaining Mountain gorillas and our tour will end in the Ruhija sector where you will be able to track the primates.
Upon finishing the gorilla trekking expedition, you will then be driven to Lake Bunyonyi for relaxation and then later on 16th/November, you will check out and proceed to Kigali Rwanda for your flight.
5 Day Uganda highlights
- Day 1: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth national park for an evening game drive
- Day 2: Morning Chimpanzee tracking and evening boat safari on kazinga channel
- Day 3: Morning game drive for tree climbing lions and then transfer to Bwindi impenetrable national park
- Day 4: Mountain gorilla trekking
- Day 5: Transfer back to Kampala/Entebbe
Day 1: Journey to Queen Elizabeth National Park
Early morning, our driver-guide pick you from your hotel/lodge and then start on the journey to Queen Elizabeth National park. We will drive though the city suburbs seeing many people going to work/attending to their gardens.
We will stop at the Equator, stretch, use restrooms or warm up with a cup of tea/coffee. We again hit the road again passing through Masaka town, a famous town for grasshoppers (ensenene).
We then will then have a lunch-stop in Mbarara the land of milk and continue through big tea plantation that stretch over the horizons. On arrival in Queen Elizabeth National Park, we check into our lodge then set off for an evening game drive.
Meal plan: Half board
Day 2: Chimpanzee tracking and Boat cruise in the evening
After a morning breakfast, we head to Kalinzu forest for chimpanzee tracking.
The chimpanzee trekking in Kalinzu forest rewards you with one of the most beautiful ecosystems in Uganda. Over 5 species of primates, like the black and white colobus monkey, red-tailed monkey, olive baboon as well as forest birds can be seen here.
After the experience, we then retire back to the lodge for Lunch and then in the afternoon, we go for a boat cruise along the kazinga channel which connects lakes Edward and George.
The boat brings us close to wild game. These include; big herds of Buffaloes comfortable in the shallow waters of the channel, Elephants trek long distance to get to the water, and many more animals.
Birds like African spoon bill, Great pink backed cormorants are present, in addition to Kingfishers.
Meal plan: Full board
Day 3: Tree Climbing Lions and Proceed to Bwindi
After an early breakfast, you drive to Ishasha, the southern part of Queen Elizabeth national park. The 2 hour drive is very adventurous as you get to see more wildlife as we go through maramagambo forest, the largest rainforest in Uganda.
A game drive in Ishasha will present you a chance of seeing the famous Tree climbing Lions, Topis, Hyenas, Leopard, Elephants, Buffaloes and a true wild landscape.
This section is so close to CONGO at the river camp and Lunch will be served here.
We then continue to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park driving through hills and mountains of terraced land for local agriculture.
On arriving, we check in the lodge have Dinner and rest awaiting Gorilla trekking the following day.
Meal plan: Full board
Day 4: Gorilla Trekking
Today is the gorilla trekking day. After breakfast, you will assemble at the park offices where groups are allocated.
A ranger guide will be assigned and armed officers to protect you as you make the trek in the forest.
The ranger uses radio communication to know the exact location of the Gorillas.
Upon finding the gentle giants, spend a good quality hour with them
We then trek back out of the forest and rest for the evening.
Meal plan: Full board
Day 5: Transfer back to Kampala/Entebbe
Wake up for breakfast and then embark on our journey back to Entebbe for your flight. On the way we shall have a stop at the equator for a cup of coffee or tea and then proceed to our destination.
Meal plan: Half board
Accommodation (Hotels and Lodges around the Tourist Sites)
The accommodation depends on your Budget. Here is a list of Lodges around the Tourist site.
- Accommodation Around Bwindi Impenetrable National Park -> Trip Advisor
- Accommodation Around Queen Elizabeth national park
What You need for Gorilla Trekking on this 5 Days Uganda Safari
Just like Rwenzori Mountain trekking, gorilla trekking also requires these items when tracking the gorillas.
- Water: Gorilla trekking can be very tiresome and you need to refill your tank as the trek goes on. It is advisable to park a few water filtration tablets before you come for the trek.
- Boots: You will need good waterproof comfortable shoes. Some times it rains during the trek, so skid proof shoes can come in handy.
- Rain Jacket: You are advised to carry rain jacket because if rains very often in Bwindi Impenetrable forest
- Snack: You can carry a light snack to give you some energy during the walk in the forest
- Trouser and Shirts Bwindi forest is covered with thick undergrowth, therefore light trousers and long sleeved shirts are advised.
- Socks: You will have to tuck in the trousers into the socks to avoid insects crawling inside.
- Gloves: You will need Gardening gloves because you will be grabbing tree branches, leaves, name it, and some can be thorny.
- Camera: Carry a good camera (no flash for gorillas) to capture this lifetime experience