7 Days Rwanda Safari tour for Gorilla and Wildlife
The itinerary also includes Chimpanzee tracking and a Canopy walk in Nyungwe forest national park.
Apart from Chimpanzee tracking, Nyungwe forest is blessed with a large canopy, over 310 bird species including; Chinspot batis, Eastern mountain greenbul, African paradise flycatcher, Long-crested eagle etc.
Other primates in the forest include; Grey-cheeked mangabeys, Crowned monkey, Red-tailed monkey, Dent’s Mona Monkey, Velvet Monkey, Olive baboon etc.
In Nyungwe, we will also have a chance for a Canopy Walk on top of the forest and also a chance of seeing birds and primate.
The Safari tour also includes a Wildlife & Big Five expedition in Akagera National park.
Akagera national park is a home to the African Big Five(Lions, Leopard, Cape Buffalo, Elephant and the recently reintroduced Black Rhinos.)
Other animals in Akagera include; Giraffe, impalas, Elands, Hippopotamus, waterbucks, warthogs, bush bucks, sitatunga, different species of monkeys and variety of birdlife, like; Abyssinian roller, cinnamon bee eater, African fish eagles, malachite, pied, giant king fisher’s, just to mention but a few.
Summary of the 7 Days Rwanda Safari Tour
- Day 1: Travel to Akagera National Park for an evening game drive
- Day 2: Morning Game drive and then an evening boat safari in lake Ihema
- Day 3: Morning game drive and then Transfer to Nyungwe forest National Park
- Day 4: Chimpanzee Tracking in the forest
- Day 5: Canopy walk in Nungwe forest and then transfer to lake Kivu
- Day 6: Spend the day at lake kivu and then transfer to Volcanoes national park
- Day 7: Gorilla trekking or Golden monkey tracking in volcanoes and then transfer back to Kigali
Day 1: Travel to Akagera National Park for an evening game drive
Our 7 days Rwanda safari starts today!
Early in the morning, our representative will pick you from your hotel or residence in Kigali and then begin on the journey to Akagera National Park.
We will have a City tour to visit some of the historical place in Kigali and these including, The Genocide Memorial, Local Markets and then head to the National park.
On arrival, we head for lunch and then go for our evening game drive in Akagera.
Day 2: Morning Game drive and then an evening boat safari in lake Ihema
Day 2 starts with an early morning game drive. We get a chance of seeing wildlife such as Lions, Leopard, Elephants, Buffalos, Zebra, Masai giraffe, Baboons, Impala, Hipoos, gazelles, oribi, topi, bush baby etc
We return for Lunch and then go for a launch cruise on lake Ihema for more wildlife viewing including Hippos, Crocdiles etc and several bird species( Kingfishers, Papyrus genolek, Caruthers’s cist cola, and the famous African fish eagles, cormorants, among others.) that dwell or live around the lake.
We return to the lodge for the night.
Day 3: Morning game drive and then Transfer to Nyungwe forest National Park
Our third day takes us for another morning game drive before embarking on the journey to Nyungwe Forest National Park. We have a lunch stop before reaching the forest in the evening.
We can decide to go for a Tea Plantation walk if time allows or we just retire for the night.
Day 4: Chimpanzee Tracking in the forest
Today is our day for Chimpanzee tracking. We drive to the park offices in the morning for gathering and grouping. Then you will be led into the forest by the park rangers to track the famous Chimpanzees.
Upon finding the chimps, you will spend 1 hour with the Chimps, take pictures an enjoy seeing them play and groom up in the trees.
We then trek out of the forest and then return to the lodge for lunch an a restful evening.
Day 5: Canopy walk in Nungwe forest and then transfer to lake Kivu
After a sunrise breakfast, we drive to Winka visitor center for the adventurous walk above Nyungwe forest.
The canopy lies 50m above the forest and over 200m walk way that gives you a fresh air and magical sightings of the forest, different primate species are also seen during this walk, like the black and white colobus, mountain monkey.
After the walk, enjoy the beautiful scenic drive through the forest and tea plantations on the edge of the forest, stop for lunch and head to Lake Kivu for a restful evening.
Day 6: Spend the day at lake kivu and then transfer to Volcanoes national park
In the morning we can go for a walk or a boat ride on the lake and then later drive to Volcanoes National park, the only place you can trek Mountain Gorillas of Golden monkeys in Rwanda.
Day 7: Gorilla trekking or Golden monkey tracking in volcanoes and then transfer back to Kigali
Today you start the day early in the morning with breakfast and packed snacks. We drive to the park headquarters for briefing and Gorilla group allocation.
After the grouping is done, you will be led by the ranger guide in the forest, trekking the renown Mountain Gorillas.
The duration of trekking is not fixed due to several determinant factors, but surely you will find them, however hard it might have been getting to them.
You then spend a quality hour with them before coming back to the lodge.
We have lunch and then have a scenic drive back to Kigali for you flight or Hotel.
~End of our 7 Days Rwanda Safari Tour~
Rates per person(Mid-range)
|No People||Price (USD)|
|6 or more||3460|
- Mountain Gorillas -> Wildlife Conservation
- Rwanda Gorillas -> New-York Times
- Golden monkey trekking in Volcanoes National park
- CNN- 3 days in Rwanda
- Mgahinga National Park
Accommodation near Volcanoes National Park
Accommodation in Akagera National Park
What You need during Gorilla, Chimps and Golden monkey Trekking
- Water: Gorilla trekking can be very tiresome and you need to refill your tank as the trek goes on. It is advisable to park a few water filtration tablets before you come for the trek.
- Boots: You will need good waterproof comfortable shoes. Some times it rains during the trek, so skid proof shoes can come in handy.
- Rain Jacket: You are advised to carry rain jacket because if rains very often in Volcanoes National park
- Snack: You can carry a light snack to give you some energy during the walk in the forest
- Trouser and Shirts The forest in Volcanoes NP is covered with thick undergrowth, therefore light trousers and long sleeved shirts are advised.
- Socks: You will have to tuck in the trousers into the socks to avoid insects crawling inside.
- Gloves: You will need Gardening gloves because you will be grabbing tree branches, leaves, name it, and some can be thorny.
- Camera: Carry a good camera to capture this lifetime experience
The 4 days gorilla and chimpanzee trekking Rwanda safari takes you for primate tracking in the forests of Volcanoes and…
This is a 3 Day Gorilla Trekking Rwanda and golden monkey safari tour in Volcanoes NP. Golden monkey Permit price…
A 10 Day tour of Rwanda for Gorilla Trekking, Chimps, Golden monkeys, Nyungwe forest Canopy walk, Lake Kivu and Wildlife…
The 10 days Uganda Rwanda Safari brings the best highlights of EAfrica. Tour includes; Gorilla trekking/golden monkey, Chimp tracking, Culture,and…