8 Days Uganda Safari tour in Uganda for Gorillas trekking, Chimpanzees, wildlife and white water rafting on river Nile.
This adventure takes you to Bwindi impenetrable national park for Mountain Gorilla trekking, Kibale National Park for Chimpanzee tracking, Queen Elizabeth national park for wildlife expedition and ends in Jinja for the thrilling White Water Rafting.
Summary of the Trip Itinerary
- Day 1: Arrival in Uganda and Transfer to Kibale National Park
- Day 2: Chimpanzee tracking in the forest and transfer to Queen Elizabeth National park
- Day 3: Morning game drive and evening boat safari on Kazinga Channel
- Day 4: Morning game drive in Ishasha(Tree Climbing lions) and Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable
- Day 5: Gorilla trekking Day
- Day 6: Travel to Jinja for Water rafting
- Day 7: Full Day white water rafting on the Nile
- Day 8: Transfer back to Entebbe for you flight or other activities
Uganda 8 days Tour Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival in Uganda and Transfer to Kibale National Park
In the morning, you will be picked from the Airport(or Hotel) by our driver guide.
The 5 hour journey to Kibale forest national park goes through the courtyside and also towns of Mubende and Kyenjojo and to Fort portal, a very green town covered by Banana and Tea plantations.
This beautiful scenery through the town over seeing the mountains of the Moon (Rwenzori), is a good opportunity for a photo break at your convenience.
We Arrive at the lodge for lunch, rest and later go for a Swamp walk for some Primate Expedition.
The Swamp walk offers a lot; from the locals attending to their crops, primates such as black and white colobus monkeys, red tailed monkey, red colobus monkeys, to mention but a few, also many bird species are present too.
Day 2: Chimpanzees Tracking and Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
After a early morning breakfast, you will drive to Kanyachu visitor centre for briefing before being led into the forest by a Ranger guide from Uganda Wildlife Authority for chimpanzee tracking which is the highlight of the day.
Walking through the rain forest is amazing, other primates that can be seen are; Red tailed monkeys, Black and white Colobus monkeys, Grey checked Mangabey, though they keep a reasonable distance from the chimpanzee.
Finding the Chimps you will have an hour with them before returning for lunch and then transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park.
Day 3 : Morning Game drive and boat ride on Kazinga channel
With packed breakfast, you set off for a morning game drive in Kasenyi open area for active game viewing. You might get lucky of seeing Lions in action.
But a sun rise in wilderness is wonderful, more animals are very active at this time like Hyenas walking back to their dens offering a great experience. Return to the lodge for lunch.
In the evening we go for a Boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel. This boat ride is very worth as it brings you close to the water birds, like Kingfishers, fish eagles, Pelicans, African spoon bill, African darters, reptiles like Nile crocodiles, and monitor lizards are often seen. In addition to plenty of Buffalos, Elephants and Hippos.
Return to the lodge for dinner.
Day 4 : Tree climbing Lions and transfer to Bwindi
After an early breakfast, you drive to Ishasha the southern part of Queen Elizabeth national park. The 2 hour drive is very adventurous as you get to see more wildlife as we go through maramagambo forest, the largest rain forest in Uganda.
A game drive in Ishasha will present you a chance of seeing the famous Tree climbing Lions, Topis, Hyenas, Leopard, Elephants, Buffaloes and a true wild landscape.
This section is so close to CONGO at the river camp and Lunch will be served here. Continue to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park driving through hills and mountains of terraced land for local agriculture.
On arriving, we check in the lodge have Dinner and rest awaiting Gorilla trekking the following day.
Day 5 : Gorilla trekking in Bwindi
Today is the gorilla trekking day. After breakfast, you will assemble at the park offices where groups are allocated.
A ranger guide will be assigned and armed officers to protect you as you make the trek in the forest. The ranger uses radio communication to know the exact location of the Gorillas.
Upon finding the gentle giants, spend a good quality hour with them as they feed, young ones playing about and take naps.
We then trek back out of the forest and the proceed to the Lodge for dinner having completed the highlight of the 8 days tour.
Day 6: Travel to Jinja for White water Rafting
In the morning you will have breakfast before starting our journey to Jinja town located in the East of the country for our water rafting experience on the Nile.
An amazing scenic drive through the rolling terraced hills of the Switzerland of Africa. Lunch on the way and a must stop at the equator, for refreshments, stretching, and buying some souvenirs.
Day 7: White Water Rafting on the Nile
In the morning, our driver takes you to the starting point and you will handed over the Rafting experts for the adventure on the Nile.
You will have a Full day rafting and depending on your experience you will be briefed and instructed accordingly by the experts, then finally enter the rafting boat and the thrilling adventure begins.
Upon finishing the adventure, your driver-guide will then drive you to your overnight hotel.
Day 8: Transfer back to Entebbe for your flight
In the morning, our driver-guide will pick you from your hotel and the drive back to Kampala, passing through Mabira forest.
Upon reaching Kampala, you will head straight to Entebbe to prepare for you flight back in case you are having your flight on this day.
What You need for the 8 days Uganda Adventure
- Water: Chimpanzee trekking can be very tiresome and you need to refill your tank as the trek goes on. It is advisable to park a few water filtration tablets before you come for the trek.
- Boots: You will need good waterproof comfortable shoes. Some times it rains during the trek, so skid proof shoes can come in handy.
- Rain Jacket: You are advised to carry rain jacket because it rains very often in Kibale forest National park
- Snack: You can carry a light snack to give you some energy during the walk in the forest
- Trouser and Shirts Kibale forest is covered with thick undergrowth, therefore light trousers and long sleeved shirts are advised.
- Socks: You will have to tuck in the trousers into the socks to avoid insects crawling inside.
- Gloves: You will need Gardening gloves because you will be grabbing tree branches, leaves, name it, and some can be thorny.
- Camera: Carry a good camera (no flash) to capture this lifetime experience